July 1, 2022 DOL Fees and Rate Increases
SB 5974– Transportation Funding
- License plate fees will increase as follows:
The original plate fee is increasing from $10 to $50 per plate on all plate types (except for moped and motorcycle plates).
- The plate replacement fee is increasing from $10 to $30 per plate on all plate types (except for moped and motorcycle plates).
- The original plate fee is increasing from $4 to $20 per plate for motorcycle plates only.
- The replacement plate fee is increasing from $4 to $12 per plate for motorcycle plates only.
- Small trailer plates fall under “all plate types”.
- Moped plate fees are not
- Dealer temporary permits will increase from $15 to $40 Effective Date: July 1, 2022
- DOL administrative fees (.25 License Plate Technology and .50 DOL Service fee) will be assessed on commercial and light-duty trucks Effective Date: July 1, 2023
- Out of state vehicle fee: Washington state requires a mandatory check to make sure the vehicle is not stolen before they issue the replacement title. (This is an electronic check that DOL runs, there is no inspection). The transportation package increased the fee from $15 to $50 starting in July, and then to $75 in 2026.
- Auto Dealer Documentation Fee may increase $150 to $200. Effective Date: July 1, 2022
Our Buyer's Premium at Stokes Auction will go up in August from $150 to $200.
See the list of TAXES that will be imposed: by Washington State
ALSO - Scale Weight Fees are increasing by $10 July 1, 2022. This is a fee charged to all vehicles (cars, trucks, trailer,motorhomes, motorcycles, etc)